Project 5: In Progress Update 1

 So although I was really into my last idea, I was worried that it would not be approved of being a story. So in order to make sure I am probably following the prompt I will be illustrating this children's poem.

"The three little kittens, they lost their mittens,"

By: Mother Goose

The three little kittens, they lost their mittens,

And they began to cry,

"Oh, mother dear, we sadly fear,

That we have lost our mittens."

"What!   Lost your mittens, you naughty kittens!

Then you shall have no pie."

"Meow, meow, meow."

"Then you shall have no pie."

 

The three little kittens, they found their mittens,

And they began to cry,

"Oh, mother dear, see here, see here,

For we have found our mittens."

"Put on your mittens, you silly kittens,

And you shall have some pie."

"Purr, purr, purr,

Oh, let us have some pie."

 

The three little kittens put on their mittens,

And soon ate up the pie,

"Oh, mother dear, we greatly fear,

That we have soiled our mittens."

"What, soiled your mittens, you naughty kittens!"

Then they began to sigh,

"Meow, meow, meow,"

Then they began to sigh.

 

The three little kittens, they washed their mittens,

And hung them out to dry,

"Oh, mother dear, do you not hear,

That we have washed our mittens?"

"What, washed your mittens, then you're good kittens,

But I smell a rat close by."

"Meow, meow, meow,

We smell a rat close by."


For the voiceover, I will be playing the quotes to match the character. So I will have my young cousins say the kitty voices while I am the mother cat and will find someone else as the main narrator in order to emphasize that "story aspect".


And here are some little kitties I was drawing to find the style. This was just experiments though, nothing permanent.









Comments

  1. Those illustrations are so cute I can't get over those kittens. Do you think you will have the kittens animated and moving or will it be more of a still image with slight animations in the background and such? I'm super interested to see how this looks! Maybe for a color scheme you could do something similar to "Goodnight Moon" with fun bold colors to make the black cat pop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment